Mopar Nationals ( Columbus Oh)

Orgainizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Mopar Nationals ( Columbus Oh)

Post by Ianguilly » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok guys and gals mopar nats are right around the corner like to know who's all going. Heard at carlisle not too many neons are usually in the show field, but many be we could try and get together after hours and crusie Brice with the classic muscle.

I'll be up there Friday night for the crusie and all day Saturday at the show and then the crusie.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

custom95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by custom95neon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm

when is it and how much

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 pm

custom95neon wrote:when is it and how much
Well its Auguest 13-15 1 day $20 2 day $30 3 day $40 idk what the price is to show your car but i heard the classes are all over the place, but the crusies are fucking awsome!

jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

pa acr
1GN n00b

Post by pa acr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am

Ianguilly wrote:
custom95neon wrote:when is it and how much
Well its Auguest 13-15 1 day $20 2 day $30 3 day $40 idk what the price is to show your car but i heard the classes are all over the place, but the crusies are fucking awsome!
There really isn't a "show field" like Carlisle. They do have sections for classic cars, but none for your average street cars. It costs $95 to have your car judged by professionals. You also have to preregister for it and the deadline has already passed.
Ianguilly wrote:Ok guys and gals mopar nats are right around the corner like to know who's all going. Heard at carlisle not too many neons are usually in the show field, but many be we could try and get together after hours and crusie Brice with the classic muscle.

I'll be up there Friday night for the crusie and all day Saturday at the show and then the crusie.
I've gone over to Brice 4 out of the last 5 years for the cruise. The police have really cracked down on anyone who does anything out of the ordinary. A few years ago at an event somewhere in the US a driver lost control and ran over some people killing several of them.....everybody is now paranoid about liability and being sued. Don't get me wrong, the cruise on Brice is still great and it's a big tradition. Last year, the police blocked off several lanes of Brice RD and traffic was so jammed up everyone got disgusted and left early. One year, about 5 of us neon guys tried to cruise Brice, but with all the traffic and red lights, we were all split up before we were able to make even one loop.

Since they started cracking down, a lot of people are heading over to Heath (about a half hour drive) for the cruise. I went there 2 years ago with some friends and it was fantastic. A lot of MOPARS but also tons of all kinds of modded vehicles. There were still a lot of police, but as long as you weren't doing anything really crazy, they kind of ignored it. I've never heard how it was last year.

Everyone who has a neon should try to head over to Tom Zs house for a picnic/get together at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon. I've gone to all 3 that he has held and the food is fantastic......plus it's all free.

I'm still debating about going. It's about a 5 hour drive for me. I'd probably hit up 2 U-Pulls on Friday and then watch them cruise Brice RD. Head over to the NATS on Saturday and catch the picnic at Tom's house and then try to find out where the best cruise is going to be that evening.

There is a huge free (most of them are at least $5) parking lot (grassy field) just west of National Trailways on RT 40. It would be nice if everyone with a neon would park together in that lot. To be honest, I've never seen that many neon people there.......20/30 guys tops and their cars are parked all over the place.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I've been going to the nat since 06 and brice has been a little bad( although last year was pretty awsome). i've been to the heath the last few times and it is a great crusie. i'll be at Toms and i'm debating if i want to caravan with the cincy guys up to the nationals. Maybe i'll stay saturday and check out the national Sunday.

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:18 pm

pa acr wrote: There is a huge free (most of them are at least $5) parking lot (grassy field) just west of National Trailways on RT 40. It would be nice if everyone with a neon would park together in that lot. To be honest, I've never seen that many neon people there.......20/30 guys tops and their cars are parked all over the place.
That's where I parked last year. Not really bad ,even saw some people camping in the very back of the field.

Sat there an half hour trying to "patch" a leaking plastic fuel line with duct tape.

Didn't work, go figure. :lol:
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:16 pm

metal_gear_jon wrote:
pa acr wrote: There is a huge free (most of them are at least $5) parking lot (grassy field) just west of National Trailways on RT 40. It would be nice if everyone with a neon would park together in that lot. To be honest, I've never seen that many neon people there.......20/30 guys tops and their cars are parked all over the place.
That's where I parked last year. Not really bad ,even saw some people camping in the very back of the field.

Sat there an half hour trying to "patch" a leaking plastic fuel line with duct tape.

Didn't work, go figure. :lol:
Parked there last year also, but wasn't really in the neon scene yet, so i never bothered to look for any

pa acr
1GN n00b

Post by pa acr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 pm

I'll have to check my pictures from last year......I usually try to walk through all the lots and take pics.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

pa acr wrote:I'll have to check my pictures from last year......I usually try to walk through all the lots and take pics.
You take pics of every neon out there?