Nology SP Wires

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
JoeNYGSport
1GN n00b

Nology SP Wires

Post by JoeNYGSport » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:23 am

I just recently purchased my NYG back, and it had a set of NOLOGY wires on it. Very pretty set, they were purple, matched the NYG, they were cool. Didnt think they were affecting my performance in a negative way. I was wrong. I have been having a heck of a time trying to get my NYG through emissions, suffering high hydrocarbons at idle only. After a bit of research online, talking to local shops, and what I havent changed or swapped I kept coming back to the wires and coil believing the ignition to be a root cause of my issues. Having swapped Plugs 3 times and a new MSD coil, still bad. Replaced the NOLOGY set of wires with a set of MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors and well, throttle was more responsive, and Hydrocarbons finally dropped significantly. Still didnt pass, grr, but they dropped. So my recommendation would be to stay away! for the cost of the NOLOGY wires, I could have done the MSD coil and Wires and saved 20 bucks. Lesson Learned, hope it helps someone.
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe
DOHC, 5spd with more bolt ons then you can shake a stick at.

AKA JoeNeonSport

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 pm

thanks. glad i dont have to deal with emissions here! 8)
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

yangyan

Post by yangyan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Good luck!

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:06 pm

i agree, no emmisions here, just safety, which kinda suxz with my interior mods, but oh well.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!