PT cruiser exhaust manifold + srt4 cat.

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
fusion210
1GN Registrant

PT cruiser exhaust manifold + srt4 cat.

Post by fusion210 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:09 am

A great replacement for a stock leaky dohc exhaust manifold!

The PT manifold is a much better design, it's cast just like a short tube header. :)
Due to the updated bolt pattern however, you must trim the power steering resevoir mounting tabs. Almost lines up perfectly with the stock catback, it bolts on but makes it sit a tad lower. It might be the exhaust manifold since it came from a 2.4l pt, or the srt-4 2.4l cat, but it sits about an inch lower at the outlet of the cat. Both o2 sensors reach fine. I bought these on the cheap when I decided to sell my longttube. One bad thing is that I couldn't get the heatshield to fit. You could even run an srt-4 turbo and replace the turbo with this manifold come inspection time. 8)

neonjr
1GN n00b

Post by neonjr » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:40 pm

would a srt cat and a pt cat fit this application?

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:09 pm

The exhaust manifold that I put on my car was amazing. I used an 01 Sebring exhaust manifold. It was a bit of cutting on the exhaust and welding to get it to work, but when I got it on there, it picked up A LOT. It's longer than the PT manifold, and, it fit fine in my car. You can use the SRT cat with the Sebring manifold also. I used the sebring flange and just cut the flange off of my cat and gutted the cat, then put the sebring flange onto the cat and welded it all together then cut what was needed off of the catback, put my muffler back on and I swear I don't know if it was the clogged cat or the manifold but the car picked up a whole lot. I swear it probably was a full second quicker in the quarter if I had timed it.